You are invited to join us for a very special residential weekend retreat where we will immerse ourselves together in the study of traditional Thai medicine as it has historically been practiced, in a natural forest setting at Om Retreat Center, a beautiful sanctuary in the redwoods of northern California near Santa Cruz offering nature, swimming pool, hot tubs. and herbal sauna..
This course will integrate Thai medical theory in lecture, conversation and hands-on experiential application to bodywork and self care. We will also bring our attention to the kitchen as we dine together and examine how our wise choice of foods can help bring us back into balance. In this way we will learn how everything we do from massage to meditation, from exercising to eating dinner, is all rooted in the elements of earth, water, fire, wind, and space through the lens of the Thai medical system.
In this Thai medicine sampler held in the beautiful Om Oasis retreat center amidst the coastal Redwood forest of northern California, we shall:
• Learn what traditional Thai medicine is, where it comes from, and what it encompasses.
• Learn a set of Thai bodywork techniques for alleviating pain and tension in the neck and shoulders.
• Participate in a daily Thai healing arts traditional ceremony.
• Learn range of motion exercises and self massage from the ancient Thai self care system, reusi da ton.
• Do Thai element meditations.
• Eat healthy meals together while discussing how the foods we eat affect our elemental balance.
• Come to understand ourselves and each other through a holistic healing system that is anchored in the Buddhist practices of goodwill, compassion, sympathetic joy, and equanimity.
Click below to learn more about this workshop as well as information about Om Retreat Center, lodging options and more.