Thai Massage Mats
We have tried sooooooooooo many different Thai massage mats! In the long run, you can do Thai massage on just about any comfortable surface, but we are picky, so we hunted down what we think is the best Thai massage mat option; 100% natural latex mats.
We resisted having anything to do with retail sales, but students eventually convinced us that we had to provide these mats to Thai massage practitioners. Selling Thai massage mats is not our focus at The Naga Center; we do this as a service, and we invite you to read our reviews of other thai mats before making your choice.
Our 100% Natural Latex Thai Massage Mats
38” W x75” L, 1.9” thick $285.00
38” W x 75” L, 2.8” thick $315.00
53” W x 75” L, 1.9” thick $335.00
53” W x 75” L, 2.8” thick $400.00
Mats come with a simple white cotton cover that zips on three sides. If you would like an organic cover please contact us.
Shipping is included in the price
if your mat will ship outside of the mainland United States, please e-mail. us for shipping rates
Why 100% Natural Latex?
- Natural Latex comes from rubber trees; a renewable resource.
- Natural Latex is hypoallergenic (FYI the proteins involved in latex allergies are washed out).
- Natural Latex is mold and dust mite resistant.
- Natural Latex is incredibly comfortable (think tempurpedic, without all the nasty toxins).
- Natural Latex Thai Massage Mats roll up quite nicely.
- Petrochemical, pesticide and synthetic chemical-free.
- Our natural latex Thai massage mats are thick and comfy yet firm and springy; perfect for Thai massage.
Always be careful when ordering natural latex products. If they don’t say that they are 100% natural latex, they are often a blend of natural latex and synthetic and/or chemical additives of up to 50 or 60% . Yet they will still call themselves natural.
Which Size Should I Get?
- If you do a lot of outcalls, definitely get the Twin Comfort mat. It is the lightest and smallest, therefore the most transportable.
- If your mat will mostly stay in one place, then any of them will work, but if you do a lot of Thai massage, we recommend the Full Comfort mat as this one gives lots of room, and is nice on the therapist’s knees. The smaller mats work best with a couple of pillows or kneeling cushions.
Caring For Your Mat
Natural latex comes with lots of little micro tears. You will notice this if you take off the cover and look at your mat. These tears are normal, and if properly cared for, your mat will last a good long time. The most important things are to keep your mat covered so that the latex does not dry out, and store it flat. If you need to roll the mat up for short time periods this is fine, but storing long term rolled up may stress the integrity of the mat. When kept covered and properly cared for, these mats can last up to 30 years. They are truly natural however; if left uncovered and exposed to the elements they will biodegrade into dust in a couple of weeks.
Our apologies, but mats cannot be returned unless they arrived damaged. Please be certain you understand the sizing prior to purchase. Customer pays return shipping charges.